Monday, September 28, 2015

It has started

My first treatment with alternative medicine. I’m not sure what to think except I hope it works. The thought of having a lifespan instead of a death sentence is very appealing. You know it is a lot harder to face death when it’s weeks away instead of a year. It is scary harder. So yeah, everything into this and the doctor’s confidence. 
But first, let me tell you about the place. For one I came in a wheel chair, and they had no ramp. Not a confidence booster. The nurses were already out in full force and helped me climbed the steps so that helped some. They were extremely nice, considerate. Inside, it was a small little clinic with a number of bed for IV treatments. They were occupied often, people were coming in and out of the clinic. The doctor herself greeted me in English, though most of the procedural talk continued in Japanese. The gist of it was my main treatment was going to be this vaccine and a vitamin C IV drip till we can get to the real cancer killer. For yesterday, I took the the vitamin C drip and are waiting for the vaccine which might come in by Friday. It went smoothly, the bed was comfortable and I basically slept through the whole thing.
Troubling but I guess necessary aspects. My life beyond will be a healthy one, eating Japanese food and little fattening foods. Well, I guess that’s to be expected, but one of my motivations is just to have these fattening foods. Not all the time, but sometimes, oh God do I want the fattening. My image of continued life is me eating a Whopper again, pasta again, cookies again. The doctor was quite insistent, all of this stuff was poison and I’ll be living with cancer all my life that there is no getting around that. 

Just as long as I live.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I look forward to hearing more about this new treatment plan! I am glad you are going for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm nervous about it, but it's better than sitting back and waiting to die.

    ReplyDelete