Thursday, October 8, 2015

Not a furlough, not a what-if, not an imaginary story. I was finally released from the hospital into the hands of nurses and IV drips (which won’t be as round the clock) and a flight of stairs I fell on as I reached the top. Got nothing for legs (hold on let me see if I can do this one exercise thing… yes, I did thank you very much so I’m better), but maybe the decline isn’t a trend, just this afternoon. I’m already down enough. I think as any of you who read this know, haven’t had much energy lately, and then there’s the bad back which I made worse sitting up to blog. You have seen the results. Now that I’m home I promise… okay okay, I don’t know what’s going to happen now that I am home. And the only reason I'm home, sitting up in my chair and not still on the floor is my wife, obviously. Not going to forget her again. You know she's the one that changes the bags of my IV drip, injects other medicines into a little tube I have that goes into my stomach, and helps move me around so I'm not virtually paralyzed. So... Keep up the blog as long as I can as I head for a miracle cure or the end of my time. Hoping for the former even as the prevalent exhaustion whispers into my ears for the other side. 
Hope after all this absence you’re still with me.

3 comments:

  1. Still with you, standing in your bandstand (cause I know you've got one) and cheering for you and your team! Team Luke. Rah Rah Ree, kick 'em in the knee, Rah Rah Ruts, kick 'em in the other knee! I am glad you are keepin' on keepin' on, you can do it, and gooo wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aye, Captain. Ensign Ehrmantraut standing by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations--great news!!! Of course we are all still with you and sending you lots of positive energy! You and Masami can do it!!! If you hear meowing from the other side of the world, you'll know it's us.
    Love to both of you from Marian, Xena Warrior Princess, Napa, Sunny and Kiwi :)


    ReplyDelete